+ Post a Comment HERE!   + Ask a Question / Post a Topic
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Achievements of NRIs : Is it really a Success of Indians.

Advert.

iEditor
    iEditor is offline Just in!

Achievements of NRIs : Is it really a Success of Indians.

Advert.
    Whenever I see news about some NRI achieving a land mark in on a world level, I ask myself and even want to ask every Indian that is it really a moment to cherish upon ?
    I then get into a situation of puzzle that how much space and importance is given by our media to those events. I would have never wrote it here as I can't dare to hurt patriotism of India which we Indian see on every such NRI success, but yesterday I happened to something similar in a news paper and then I got courage to write my own views to the world because it told me that I am not the only one with this thought.

I have been watching all such events closely and as Indian I must do. Late Kalpana Chawla, who died in tragedy of Space Shuttle Columbia in 2003 was also one such NRI. She moved to USA in 1982 and then later on finished her Masters , as well Ph.D in USA itself. So she was Indian born and Indian citizen as well, when she was in Columbia Crew, we Indian took this even as Nation's pride and when she perished in Columbia wreckage, again it was matter of National Issue in India.
    She surely was a pride of India as she was India born, raised in India and later on gained more skill abroad, I was not at all confused about her being India's pride.

Now I will talk about Laxmi Mittal, I hope we all know, he is the person with Indian Origin who is on TOP 10 richest person in the world. He came in to highlight when his company acquired French company Arcelor, and we Indian took this as Nation's pride again.

He always quoted that I am more Indian and never denied this fact but his son Aditya Mittal, who supported his father into the race of success once said in Seminar in London that his company was "not an Indian company". He even said in an English Newspaper that he did not see "Indian as an opportunity".

Lets move further, Bobby Jindal, who is the Republican Governor-elect of the U.S. state of Louisiana. His is one such NRI who is having fame abroad. His real name is Piyush Jindal though he feels comfortable using name "Bobby Jindal" , he is Hindu family born but turned catholic at teenage, may be to get fit between people there.

When he won, his first words were : "I am one of you, a normal, red blooded, football loving, Lousiana guy". What else we can say here ? We can see how much little he has to do with India.

Then comes Sunita Williams, so called from Indian roots. Her father was Indian and her mother was Solvenian. She was in news for a really long time. She visited India and visits were so important to news channels that I had to change channel everytime as all news channel were making it a matter of Nation's pride again.
    She was born in Ohio, studies there.. she was all nurtured there then how she is Indian ? Infact she got more importance in India than her home town where she was brought up.

There are few other examples which I would like to mention but I want sum up here that, we often forget ourself and try to look for recommendation from west. We should understand matter of patriotism is must but also just do make everything Indian if it is not really Indian. We have plenty of matters in India itself to cherish upon then why we need WEST for recommendation ? We have Mukesh Ambani, almost world's richest person, isn't something to cherish ?

thakkursingh
    thakkursingh is offline Newbie

Re: Achievements of NRIs : Is it really a Success of Indians.

Sure!!!! an aye from me!!!

nirsudha
    nirsudha is offline Just in!

You object giving importance to NRIs who have real heriditary connections with India.
    However you can accept an Italian Born as a leaderof Indian masses?
    WHAT HYPOCRACY.

Ricky
    Ricky is offline eTI Silver

No one is objecting here if they really value their real root.

But they really do ?

Sachinvj
    Sachinvj is offline Newbie

Yes u r right ieditor..

Why do we need recommendation ftom west despite have great talent in India?

As far as patriotism is considered, i think we should leave it to NRIs.

But achievement of NRIs would be considered in true manner as India's success if they could put efforts in social and economical development of India.

We all now we have diverse soiecty,from poor ro rich, from healthy to physically challenged, people of speaking so many different languages.

NRI should invest in india by setting up their businesses to provide employement which is very cruical for social development.

By investing here through FDI, they will also help in economical development...we have very good example of Mr. Mittal who is setting up a steel plant in Orissa.

It is upto the individual (NRI) that how to take it or simply leave as it is!!!

kammy
    kammy is offline eTI Copper

nice post
    kamal

7. Advert.

blue000
    blue000 is offline Just in!

you can get very good free gift.

psnswaminathan
    psnswaminathan is offline eTI Iron

as long as hedge funds, hawla transactions thrive, the success story will continue - a non-stop non-sense.

mdchaskar
    mdchaskar is offline Newbie

Really its properly worded post.

gika
    gika is offline Just in!

Now this days, a lot of population are there. and the media is a superiest path to viewing the truth to us. About the NRI's, they are the good part of india, those elements and activities are popular in the world. Late kalpana Chawla is the first lady of india. Who died in tragedy of space shuttle.
    __________________________________________________ ________________________

ragavendra
    ragavendra is offline Just in!

there is no doubt the indian money exchange of dollars is contrinously rising because of the NRis and also they play a role in development of the country.
    ---------
    ragavendra

SreeVysh Corp

bilderin
    bilderin is offline Just in!

We Indians are very emotional when it comes to issue of NRI. My long experience living in west suggest , most NRIs are more American than Indian. I feel they hate you more than a normal white.

But some are helping India by lobbying for her, say, as in nuclear deal. But then, there is strong conviction for their business than a patriotic attachment.

dhanarajesh1
    dhanarajesh1 is offline Newbie

Really they have done good job

choudhuryatanu1
    choudhuryatanu1 is offline Newbie

Hey....Your article is certainly an attention-stealer. However, in whatever shape they are today or were yesterday, let's feel proud of all of them because they have brought laurels to our nation. After all, the world is going truly global. And yes, we have enough reasons to feel proud of our indigenous talents like Rabindranath Tagore, Dr. C.V. Raman, Dr. A P J Abdul Kalam, Dr. Amartya Sen, A R Rahman and the list just goes on......

Have a pleasant day :-)

keshav_ghai
    keshav_ghai is offline Just in!

hi

+ Post a Comment HERE!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast