+ Post a Comment HERE!   + Ask a Question / Post a Topic

Biased comments for TATA's ability on Jaguar/Landrover Deal by Ripplewood guy

Advert.

Khabri
    Khabri is offline eTI Iron

Biased comments for TATA's ability on Jaguar/Landrover Deal by Ripplewood guy

Advert.
    Tata is the one who acquired corus group, a company a lot bigger than TATA itself. And now TATA is bidding to buy LandRover and Jaguar car brands from Ford Motors.

"I do not understand how a company that is going to make cars for 2,000 dollars (977 pounds) can sell cars for 1,20,000 dollars," The Times daily today quoted Thomas Stallkamp, a partner with Ripplewood, as saying.
    After reading that statement, I really doubt if people open their mouth before thinking, atleast it is not expected from such officials.
    Tata Safari is I guess around US $35000 for its top model so can' t they sell a premium car thats about five time costlier.
    I believe Tata can give new height to Jaguar and Land rover which they are now a days loosing and that is why Ford is selling it off.

Mahindra & Mahindra is also in list of bidders but Ford's focus is on TATA and OneEquity.

pgokhle
    pgokhle is offline Newbie

Re: Biased comments for TATA's ability on Jaguar/Landrover Deal by Ripplewood guy

Well This whole deal is done for Land rover technology to bring in Safari , I don't think that we will see Jaguar in India soon, May be in Auto show. What do you think about Nano with Jaguar engine ...(pun intended)

kammy
    kammy is offline eTI Copper

Re: Biased comments for TATA's ability on Jaguar/Landrover Deal by Ripplewood guy

safari is not a bad car and your comparision is also not good they may use same technology but will not replace engine as per my guess.
    kamal

Ricky
    Ricky is offline eTI Silver

Quote Originally Posted by pgokhle
    Well This whole deal is done for Land rover technology to bring in Safari , I don't think that we will see Jaguar in India soon, May be in Auto show. What do you think about Nano with Jaguar engine ...(pun intended)
    I guess Nano with Jaguar engine will make a flying machine.. :P .. lolz. Ok.. fun apart..

Well, main reason for TATA to buy Jaguar - Land Rover is to establish as a world brand. First this deal and after that TATA Nano, now whole world knows about TATA, even Tata recently got 6th position as world's most innovative company so uptill now they are successful.
    Also, this will help TATA to sell their own product like Safari etc.. in whole world with more value. Definitely they will not put Jaguar engine in Safari .. Also, I think they will not mixup their own products with new Jaguar-Land Rover.. ie. their development but yes they will mixup sell. Now worldwide we will see Safari being sold along LandRover.. or may be sold as The Cheap and Capable SUV -Safari.. from the company which sales Land Rover !!

kammy
    kammy is offline eTI Copper

Nice slogan.
    kamal

+ Post a Comment HERE!