+ Post a Comment HERE!   + Ask a Question / Post a Topic

MOMS DRESSING

Advert.

jasper77
    jasper77 is offline Just in!

MOMS DRESSING

Advert.
    hi am Jasper. doing my UG . my family is a very good and decent family living in a village.we are a midle level family living in tradition way.my problem is about my MOM.she is around 50 yrs old and working as a teacher in a govt school. she is average tall and not fat and having no medical problems.I get depressed and feel bad and irritated to see her wearing saree exposing her navel.In house she will not hide her navel and oftenly while going to school and marriage functions she exposes it badly.Mostly i feel to die when peoples eye points her navel this happens when i go with her out. (I think she notices it)another thing is my friends visit my house often because my college is near my house. at that tiime i see some friends staring at her and passing comments(i have heard it).I dont know why she is doing like this. she watches film and sure she knows whats going on film(Navel shows of heroines)..but even she doesnt take any steps tp hide. Can any one help me how can i let to know

SHE IS FROM INDIA. SHE IS HAVING GOOD RELATIONSHIP WITH FATHER, SHE IS RURAL AND TRADITIONAL AND CARING

pLZ CONSIDER THIS FACTS BEFORE ANSWERING

i HAVE told indirectly abt it.(eg, when navel shows comes in TV i will tell the reason and ask to skip the channel, she does... also i comment about the dress they wear

sathi
    sathi is offline eTI Member

Re: MOMS DRESSING

Hi Jasper...

Sorry to say, but I really surprise in which time you live on this Earth. Its 21th Century dear... Please Wake Up...

I really don't understand your problem. Why you consider Saree as an offensive Dress? ???

In my views, Women always look their best in the sarees. A saree combines grace, beauty & elegance. Above all... Wearing Saree is the most perfect and simple way to let others think that you are true Indian Women, with moral values and that you respect your tradition.

You should be proud of your Mom that she gives so much values to her culture, her traditions. In todays world when women are more and more trying to expose them by running towards western dresses and western culture, Your Mom is still maintaining her Dignity.

Men will always like a Women with such moral values; may be that's one reason, your friends talk about her. Why don't you give strict warning to your friends instead of making your Mom change her way. >

Hey one thing more, Its Human Nature to explore the hidden secrets. If every thing is behind their eyes, they will never give it a damn look. Hope you understand my point here...
    [img width=375 height=115]http://sl.glitter-graphics.net/pub/480/480800zsl927r1px.jpg[/img]

Ricky
    Ricky is offline eTI Silver

Sathi, being girl you are right but I think Jasper's concern is right. She is 50 year old and showing off in this age looks awkward after certain level.
    I have seen women wearing Saari but some really wear them in a manner that you can easily guess that they are showing off their navel etc. and on the other hand I have also seen women wearing saari and you can't see even their waist skin but still they look so decent.

May be what he is facing is the way his Mother wear Saari. Actually there is nothing wrong in that but what you told us is quite common in elderly women. .. Ever noticed why some elderly women always wear sleeveless blowse ??

You may ask your Mom to wear saree in different way and do not ask her to hide navel, rather tell her that she looks better when she wear saree this way (better way as you suggested) and you also like her in that way.

Let us know!

Talat
    Talat is offline eTI Aluminium

Jasper, I can understand how you must be feeling.......

Saree, a beautiful dress which can look extremely elegant, can look very awkward and embarassing if not worn properly or rather decently.

You can have a little chat with you mom and expalining things what you feel....not ordering her to dress the 'correct way' but rather how do you feel the way she looks and the comments she gets.........may it will help.

+ Post a Comment HERE!
X
Have Question? Ask now free!