+ Post a Comment HERE!   + Ask a Question / Post a Topic

Difference between North Indian and South Indian wives: An Humour

Advert.

Lurker
    Lurker is offline eTI Iron

Difference between North Indian and South Indian wives: An Humour

Advert.

Wives from North:

1. At the time of marriage, a north Indian girl has more boyfriends than her age.
    2. Before marriage, she looks almost like a bollywood heroine and after marriage you have to go around her twice to completely hug her.
    3. By the time she professes her undevoted love to you, you are bankrupt because of the number of times you had to take her out to movie theatres and restaurants. And you wait longingly for her dowry.
    4. The only dishes she can think of to cook is paneer butter masala, aloo sabji, aloo gobi sabji, aloo matar, aloo paneer, that after eating all those paneer and aloos you are either in the bed with chronic cholestrol or chronic gas disorder.
    5. The only growth that you see later in your career is the rise in your monthly phone bill.
    6. You are blinded by her love that you think that she is a blonde. Only later do you come to know that it is because of the mehandhi that she applies to cover her gray hair.
    7. When you come home from office she is very busy watching "Kyonki saas bhi kabi bahu thi" that you either end up eating outside or cooking yourself.
    8. You are a very "ESpecial" person to her.
    9. She always thought that Madras is a state and covers the whole of south India until she met you.
    10. When she says she is going to "work out" she means she is going to "Walk out"
    11. She has greater number of relatives than the number of people you have in your home town.
    12. The only two sentences in English that she knows are "Thank you" and "How are you"
    13. She thinks Govinda can dance better than Michael Jackson.

Wives from South:

1. Her mother looks down at you because you didn't study in IIT or Madras or Anna University .
    2. Her father starts or ends every conversation with " ... I say..."
    3. She shudders if you use four letter words.
    4. She has long hair, neatly oiled and braided (The Dubai based Oil Well Company will negotiate with her on a 25 year contract to extract coconut oil from her hair.)
    5. She uses the word 'Super' as her only superlative.
    6. Her name is another name for a Goddess or a flower.
    7. Her first name is longer than your first name, middle name and surname combined (unless you are from Andhra)
    8. When she mixes milk - curd and rice you are never sure whether it is for the Dog or for herself.
    9. For weddings, she sports a mini jasmine garden on her head and wears silk saris in the Madras heat without looking too uncomfortable while you are melting in your singlet.
    10. She thinks Mohan Lal is the sexiest man alive.
    11. Her favourite cricketer is Krishnamachari Srikkanth.
    12. Her favourite food is dosa though she has tried North Indian snacks like Chats (pronounced like the slang for 'conversation')
    13. She bursts into songs with her cousins in every movie.
    14. She bores you by telling you which raaga each song you hear is based on.
    15. You have to give her jewellery, though she has already got plenty of it.
    16. Her thali (Mangal Sutra) weighs more than the championship belts worn by WWF wrestlers.
    17. She is more educated than you.
    18. Her father thinks she is much smarter than you.

Mamaji2020
    Mamaji2020 is offline Newbie

Re: Difference between North Indian and South Indian wives: An Humour

Excellent list!

subho1
    subho1 is offline Newbie

Lurker you have done a fantastic job! Laughed a lot after reading it.

kammy
    kammy is offline eTI Copper

WOW that's 100% truth.
    kamal

Max75
    Max75 is offline Just in!

Lurker, tahnks to your list I can say I know now something more on indian women! According to your list, I would say I could appreciate more a woman from the south...
    In your list you say at #10 "She thinks Mohan Lal is the sexiest man alive"... I went to visit a webside in order to know who this man was...if she thinks this man is sexy, well I would be a God of beaty for a south indian woman.
    But, sincerely, no women I think can compare to Aishwarya Rai...
    I can say I am an italian fan of Aishwarya :P...meaby I am the only one in my country...but a collegue of mine in the office I work once noticed a picture of Aishwarya as my desktop background... He too fell in love with her...
    Namsté, Max

Talat
    Talat is offline eTI Aluminium

Hi Max !

You actually believed this !!! lol

Its just a joke....neither these day north indian wives are overweight, nor south indian wives put lots of oil !!

7. Advert.

subho1
    subho1 is offline Newbie

Hi Max,

Its simply a joke and nothing serious about it. But Ash is really a beautiful actress and you might find a number of glamorous actress and celebrities from our country whom you would like to keep on your desktop

Max75
    Max75 is offline Just in!

Yes Talat, I know it's just a joke! Subho 1, I already have some idea of the indian actresses...they all are goddess!
    I have my personal list:
    1. All indian women are beatiful.
    2. Too many indian men have mustache....at least it seems to be this way, watching bollywood movies.
    I do love bollywood movies! I buy them in DVD in my hometown, or in Rome, at the indian shops . This movies gives me joy...expecially if I am a little depressed, I watch some Banghra video an immediatley feel happy. I do love "ya mera india"...it is the the movie Pardes. That song might be old for you, but it is a tune that rise my humor up..."I love my Indiaaaa"...An the actress of this movie..I can't remember her name ...uuuuh...another goddess :-* . Lucky indian men! Ciao, Max.

Unregistered Guest

Talking

hii max,
    all indians are not lucky have gr8 goddess womens to marry........now india running short of beautifull womens & womens to marry.....

-------sravan

Unregistered Guest

Smile

funny list,may be northgirls are beautiful but south girls are educated and they respect others they know how to love and they wont cheat .especialy kerala girls !!!!

Malavika Sreekumar
    Malavika Sreekumar is offline Just in!
    As a South Indian from Mumbai, I would say that the views expressed for both North and South Indian brides are a tad stereotypical and make a sort of caricature of both communities...If you intended this to be a bit of harmless fun...great...no harm done...

Aarish Rizvi
    Aarish Rizvi is offline eTI Bronze
    Hey.. ofcourse that is for fun only.. so where you find it objectionable though ?

Malavika Sreekumar
    Malavika Sreekumar is offline Just in!

North Indians and South Indians-the eternal debate

Nothing offensive at all, as I said, I know it is a joke . It was just that such stereotypes are endorsed in formal forums as well (much to the detriment of both the communities- North and South Indians) and that was what I was really trying to point out and aimed to rectify with my post.

Aarish Rizvi
    Aarish Rizvi is offline eTI Bronze
    Alright, so you mean you want to make sure that others.. the others those really want to find the solution, don't get confused thinking it as real.. right ?

+ Post a Comment HERE!