+ Post a Comment HERE!   + Ask a Question / Post a Topic

Auto driver problems in Delhi

Advert.

someshb
    someshb is offline Newbie

Auto driver problems in Delhi

Advert.
    First of all, I am not writing this for people to agree/disagree with me. I am writing this to find a solution. Most of the discussions I see here, people just put their 2 cents in but nobody actually wants to resolve it. I would appreciate if people give some useful input on this. Not just sharing their experiences, do share if there is something that can help us making situation better e.g. if anybody has ever tried to complain or know some complaint number/box etc (even if it doesn't work).

Please don't tell me that this problem can't be resolved. I already know that and that is why I want to find a solution. We can setup little tasks towards solving it. There is no gurantee that it will be resolved but we do millions of projects in our life and not everything succeeds but we still do it. Here is my suggestion that

1) We list down all the problems so please provide any list of problems with auto drivers.
    2) We find out steps to solve it . I don't know if those steps will work but why not try it.
    3) Take action items. Small items like finding the complaint box and actually complaining or finding NGOs that are working on it. It can be any solution.

Here are the major problems I see with auto drivers in Delhi.

1) They refuse to go bluntly.
    2) They will not go by meters or meter is not working.
    3) They drive very rash (that probably is problem with all drivers, so we can take that separtely).

I think I spoke enough and I will keep the lists updated with problems and suggestions and wait for your thoughts.

================================================== ==================
    Update on 29/11/2007
    I am modifying this after getting couple of responses and here are our options so far. I will keep track of suggestion and keep updates here

1) These Auto-drivers should go through some kind of training or course before being handed over the license.
    2) Strict law enforcement - Not sure how much we can do but lets just brainstrom and come up with any crazy possible/impossible idea that exists and then we might have an action plan.

Also the discussion about people not responding to the issues as raised by "Bull". That is a separate discussion but lets address one problem at a time. Otherwise we will be running from one topic to another without any solution.

bulls
    bulls is offline Just in!

Re: Auto driver problems in Delhi

First of all what do you mean by Auto drivers ?
    I think you have this mixed up. You are probably talking about the "Auto Rickshaw" drivers or Three wheeler drivers.
    Ya! I can say that they are getting away with "murder". And how we the majority can let these drivers do this to us, is a shame.
    So who is going to solve this problem ?
    I don't think we the public can. We are a weak group who only think about ourselves and thats that.
    If you think differently, please address your comments.

Thanks

bulls
    bulls is offline Just in!

I think the readers on this site are dumb.
    it says 27 people read this article and no one answered.
    Something Wong!

Ricky
    Ricky is offline eTI Silver

Bulls.. ya this is the problem, really a lot of people come here but very few posts. May be question are little out of their brain .

Anyways, ya he is talking about AutoRikshaw drivers.
    Meter problem is there as well as problem of Rash driving.

I am also victim of one such rash driving when an AutoRikshaw driver changed his path without any indication and was just doing that for the sake of passengers.

Well, according to me, first of all we have to make them to respect law. Also, they must be some educated at least in driving school. Or I say should given AutoDriving license only if has done a course in auto driving school where apart of driving, should be tought about some morals of life too.

yedhulaprakash
    yedhulaprakash is offline Newbie

Chennai is the worst hit by Auto drivers, who demand more money.

Ricky
    Ricky is offline eTI Silver

Ya, I read in article about Chennai and few people's experience. The autoriksha guys at Chennai are the most expensive !

7. Advert.

xixon
    xixon is offline Newbie

auto drivers are crazy

Bhvm
    Bhvm is offline eTI Aluminium

Bulls, you are being a bit harsh by calling the fellows 'dumb'

ETI is open for all good men, and anyone who wants to comment is free to do it.

For the topic, ofcourse they drive rash.. Infact.. most the accidents are due to them
    Rikshaws Zip past the danger.. but heavy vehicles, Pedesterians are caught in the crash/.

+ Post a Comment HERE!