+ Post a Comment HERE!   + Ask a Question / Post a Topic

Why are we afraid to raise our voice

Advert.

someshb
    someshb is offline Newbie

Why are we afraid to raise our voice

Advert.
    I am talking about people reading the article but actually not making any contribution to it. It is nice that we praise something we read and all but if somebody posts an issue/problem, we just read it, agree to the problem but won't even try to think of any solution. In my view, one of reason is we don't think it can be solved.

We can read all those "Impossible is nothing" kind of e-mails and stay motivated for 35 seconds and moment some problem comes, we either convince ourself that whole system is messed up or it is not worth my time.

Even on this site, I have posted few issues. But there are hardly any responses. Yeah I agree my writing skills are not that great but some of you people might have that and can contribute to my idea.

Other reason can be that we are so into this rat race of earning more and more money, that living with all the evils of society is not really a priority. Maybe more important than changing this system is to make our life more luxurious.

I wish when we read something where somebody discusses issue e.g. Accidents by private bus operators. We should give time to think or add some opinion to the issue. It is high time we raise our voice. Just putting one reply will not change the world but it will give you a habit of making an opinion. It is one thing to read newspaper but if you have to say something on any issue, it will make you actually think about the issue.

So all I want to say here is that do post your opinions, wherever you can, when you read something worthy. I am not pro or anti ETI so you should do it in any form (any other site, newspaper, e-mail) you like.

I think that is one big difference between developed country and developing country that common man actually raises his voice with confidence that all issues will be resolved rather than just using issues as a timepass on tea shop.

So now since you have read this... I need a favour from you. You have to respond to this. All I want is to understand why don't we respond to things. You can write "This crap is not worth responding" or "You are too busy for this nonsense" or "don't believe that response will make any difference" but do respond.

Bollywood
    Bollywood is offline eTI Iron

Re: Why are we afraid to raise our voice

Quote Originally Posted by someshb
    I think that is one big difference between developed country and developing country that common man actually raises his voice with confidence that all issues will be resolved rather than just using issues as a timepass on tea shop.
    Hi, I am very much impressed by your deep thinking. You posted just right stuff. We are afraid to raise voice moreover , here people are so ignorant.
    Add my experience here, if something wrong is going on, but with other person and not me, if I go to that person, lend him helping hand and also ask him to do something against the wrong going with him then you will find that .. person is not really interested in doing new thing or going right way.. he is rather happy to go wrong way or in other words .. to get exploited.

someshb

You may be right bollywood but I think problem is that if it happens couple of times, we just assume that nobody will actually take any action. Even if we few people are scared to go against evil, we should not change our thinking as even one success can make a difference. It is very common to accept that this system(or people) will not change but that is the thinking we need to get away with.

sandeepsingh-YUVA
    sandeepsingh-YUVA is offline eTI Member

Someshb!!

I m with you!
    come with a solution to any problem n we will be there to implement it.

someshb

Thanks Sandeep, as far as people not raising their voice, there are multiple reasons. Many of them, I probably don't even know. Anyway I was trying to find material about your YUVA. What is it? I checked out on Orkut for YUVA community but could not well understand it. Can you point me to some details on YUVA?

Ricky
    Ricky is offline eTI Silver

YUVA is just orkut community where people are discussing about India. There is trend going on making YUVA for south India, north India and so on but in whole its under orkut.

Also, someshb
    I too agree to your thinking. Here on eTI there are few others too, like Ashok but now a days he is not available as busy in his work. So I am sure this place is going to be a real Indian community.

7. Advert.

someshb

Ricky,
    I am not loyal to orkut or eTI. I am looking for a forum where people raise/discuss/resolve issues related to our country. I am going to try out various sites and it is not about site. It is more about making India a better place on earth.
    I personally don't like the look and feel of eTI that much. It is different than our normal sites protocol e.g. uneven picture at top of Taj/Namaste is annoying and wish it was simpler. But it gives a good platform to reach people so I will definitely continue using it.

Somesh

Ricky
    Ricky is offline eTI Silver

Somesh, if you feel so then you can just put your view in user -support area, I am sure Admin will look in to this matter.
    Though I feel that eTI really differ in looks than other sites.

sandeepsingh-YUVA

Hi! Somesh,
    Actually our YUVA is not merely a virtual community made in order to assemble cowards.....rather its a real group of young hearts who dont believe in just discussing but doing too. It stands for "Youth Under Vigilance Activities "and is a registered firm. We are also among those who are fed up of the irregularities pervaded all over India and after taking feedbacks from more than a thousand people we came to the conclusion that everybody wants to see the change but they dont have any such platform on which they can rely, everybody yes everybody has become corrupt, even young people who are preparing for IAS and IPS are willing to go in a field in which they may have some "extra income""with what they are going to opt after clearing the exam...this is the condition of india.
    Well, there are so many things that we can talk upon this matter but the bottom line is we are looking for more and more people who do not raise only questions to satisfy their ego but also come up with solutions....
    Keep in touch!

someshb

Hi Sandeep,
    If I want to find out about YUVA, what is the best way. I want to know things like how many members, when and where was it registered, previous achievements, Aim/Scope of YUVA, hierarchy of members. How do you get in touch with other members? How do you spread the word about YUVA? How does it create funds (every assignment needs some funds) etc. etc. Let me know of these.
    Somesh

sandeepsingh-YUVA

well, we have just started it in a very remote area of Chhattisgarh. you must have heard of Bastar. we are 27 members till now, its registered as a club under an NGO named ASEARD (Alternative Source of Energy Awareness & Rural Development) around six months ago. there is no best way to know about it except going there and talking to people or chat to me.
    Achievements!! well i don't count that but still to tell you..... 1) in our town we had a movement against medical association stating that they sell cough syrup for intoxication, after which the ratio has really fallen down. most of us are not well educated but there is no doubt that we are street smart and understand our rights and duties.
    2) we challenged our mayor-in-council to look around the pathetic condition of city from our view and when she agreed we took her over one of our bike and after roaming through out the city we cleaned her face with cotton to show how a common man lives there.
    Aim/Scope: There is a lengthy one but in short --- to provide a platform for common people making people aware of their rights and duties, sensitive towards any kind of irregularities and confident enough to raise their voice.
    Hierarchy depends upon the number of members you create.
    as up to now we never needed to think how to get in touch since we r in the same town ,
    about spreading words:- for that i m here in hyd'bad to get in touch with new people and talk to some event management company to organize some pre-planned shows through out the country and help us arrange funds.
    there are few projects in pipeline.still i m not able to find exact people whom i m looking for, i hope to find them in near future whose endeavor is same as that of mine but again there are so many things which is not possible to tell you in just one msg. slowly you will also come to know 'bout it.

keep in touch!

rick39
    rick39 is offline Newbie

well yea it happens to me also , it happens when i am doing work for long time and get frustrated..

xixon
    xixon is offline Newbie

fight for your rights

sportfree
    sportfree is offline eTI Iron

Why dont we raise our voice in this type of issues ?? After all this is our nation

http://[img]http://orkut.vidpoke.com...Videopoke Now!

+ Post a Comment HERE!