Ingredients:

For outer covering:

1/2 Cup All purpose flour
1/4 Cup Dry Ground almond powder
pinch of Salt
3 Tbsp Oil
1 Tsp Ghee
pinch of Lemon yellow food color (optional)
1/8 Cup Water
For walnut khoya filling:

2 Cups Milk ( I used low fat milk)
1 Cup Sugar
1/2 Cup Dry ground walnut powder
1 Tsp Cardamon powder
Method

Mix in all the ingredients listed under “for outer covering” to form a soft, non-sticky dough. Knead this dough for at least 10 minutes and let it sit for 30 minutes to 1 hour before making the poli. Meanwhile lets make the filling.
Heat milk in a wide pan and bring it to boil. Now add sugar, cardamom, walnut powder and let the mixture cook on a medium flame.
Cook the mixture until it reduces to khoya consistency or when the mixture solidifies and starts leaving the pan. It can also be referred to as halwa consistency.
Turn off the heat and walnut khoya filling is ready. This filling by itself is a great dessert. I could not stop munching on this filling while making my polis..
Now divide the dough into 5-6 medium sized balls. Pat the ball with your fingers into a small circle and place 2 tablespoons of walnut filling into it. Now seal the filling with the dough and roll into a chapati. We can make thinner or thicker polis as we wish, but take care not to tear the outer covering. No flour is required for rolling the dough, because its so elastic and non sticky.
Repeat the same with rest of the dough and filling. Now cook the poli on a hot non-stick pan with few drops of ghee if desired on a low flame. Cook on each side for 2-3minutes until golden brown spots appear on each side.
Warm polis are ready to be enjoyed with a splash of ghee on it.