+ Post a Comment HERE!   + Ask a Question / Post a Topic

Pigeon gambling or Kabutarbazi : an Incident.

Advert.

Ricky
    Ricky is offline eTI Silver

Pigeon gambling or Kabutarbazi : an Incident.

Advert.
    I dont' know much about kabootarbazi but what all I know is that people keep pigeon and then every evening they give them chance to fly in group , other people ie. similar people to leave their pigeons in the same sky but guiding from the groud to make the moves and if any pigeon leaves his group and join the other group then he is now part of that group and he is now owned by the man whose new group the pigeon joined..
    That was the limited knowlede I stll have kabootarbasi.

One day I was going to home on my bike through short-cut ie. half done roads and houses. There in the ground I saw a crowd of people, I went away but then came back.. thought to enquire about it.

This was the crowd I saw though many were gone when I reached there. Basically I saw many pigeons in a temperory net few men were feeding them. It was enough to give birth to curiousity that what they are doing with so many pigeons and that too its a temperory net and gaurding .. means something special.

Many pigeons together was so pleasan to see

Two men inside the net and feeding the pigeons.

Other people stopped there out of curiosity as I did.

See, here its all temprory , they have used stones to fix the net.

Now this is the cage in which they brought all here ie. pigeons.

Now you can see my green bike there, I tried to take it covering more things. You can see how other people are curious and watching the pigeon. Though here in picture its not that much exciting but was good to see them all together.

Now those were the pictures, here comes the thing I have to mention which I get to know when I asked a men from the pigeon crew. He told me that we dont' live anywhere near but we are to show them this place ie. to pigeons. Like them there are many other pigeon crew out there in city and various places doing same as he is doing. He said, that we have also shown them the competition place..

After few days the will have gathering of all the pigeon gamblers.. note.. they too are pigeon gambler.. rather engaged in kabutarbaazi. They said that on particular date they will free up the pigeon at this place and will wait at the venue of their gathering , whomsever get his pigeon in large number shall be the winner.

Hmm.. kaise kaise khel.. I never knew that people play such things too. Ie. having so many birds and then expcting something to teach all ???? so that maximum no. of pigeons get back..

Actually this incident is a year old and I forgot the details, would have given more info about it.. but this what I remember.

Please comment what you feel about all this ?

Talat
    Talat is offline eTI Aluminium

Re: Pigeon gambling or Kabutarbazi : an Incident.

I have heard about Kaboorat-baazi but never knew what actually it was !! ....Nice to see so many pics....but tells something about India. People are so much into gambling.....Bull race, camel race. kabootar baazi.....its facsinating but do animal rights activists feel its right or wrong on part of animals !

Ricky

I dont' think Kabootarbaazi is something which hurt pigeons because the only work taken from them is to make them fly.

Talat

May be.....I am not sure...have to see only then can say about it !

NRI
    NRI is offline eTI Iron

yeh ... even i thought kabooter pazi ... was about makin the kabooters fight ... and i was surprised to hear a different definition here.

gambling is illegal in India.
    Sanity is the playground for the unimaginative

Ricky

NRI ::
    Its Kabootar bazi .. not pazi !!

7. Advert.

Talat

Quote Originally Posted by NRI
    yeh ... even i thought kabooter pazi ... was about makin the kabooters fight ... and i was surprised to hear a different definition here.
    NRI, that is "Teetar baazi" in which two birds are made to fight each other. At many places even cocks (murgha) are used.

NRI
    NRI is offline eTI Iron

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky
    NRI ::
    Its Kabootar bazi .. not pazi !!
    Thanx 4 letting me know !!

NRI
    NRI is offline eTI Iron

Quote Originally Posted by Talat
    Quote Originally Posted by NRI
    NRI, that is "Teetar baazi" in which two birds are made to fight each other. At many places even cocks (murgha) are used.
    lakin Teetar is nither kabooter nor murga ... !!

phir y is that called with such a irrelevant name.

Talat

Teetar Baazi is where Teetar is made to fight !!!!

NRI
    NRI is offline eTI Iron

but i was talking about kabooter fight ;D

Talat

Kabootars are not made to fight.

NRI
    NRI is offline eTI Iron

accha ... i did not know ;D

+ Post a Comment HERE!