+ Post a Comment HERE!   + Ask a Question / Post a Topic

Indian people and restaurants, what's up with that

Advert.

pleasetipyourserver
    pleasetipyourserver is offline Just in!

Indian people and restaurants, what's up with that

Advert.
    Yo,
    i just have one question for you people.
    HOW COME YOU PEOPLE WALK INTO A RESTAURANT AND ARE PART OF THE MOST NEEDY CUSTOMER GROUP IMAGINABLE
    AND THEN DON'T TIP.
    Now I talked to some indian people and they said you guys don't tip because in your home country servers don't make tips but get paid hourly.
    SO got some news for ya: Welcome to America,we DO NOT get paid hourly we get paid off tips.
    The norm is 18-20 percent for great service, 12-15% for mediocre service and 10 and less percent for bad service.
    ALSO it is impolite to request everything special and sub this for that and so on. If you come to a pork bbq shack don't expect that they won't serve you pork. If you go to a mexican place order tacos. If you go to a cracbshack order crabs and don't make your server tell the kitchen that you don't like crabs and that the cooks should go to the supermarket and whip you up something crazy.
    So to finish it off : If you go to a restaurant:- take enough money to TIP!!!!
    - don't keep bugging us about coupons and discounts
    - be polite-We're people too
    - do not walk in 2 minutes before closing time you'll keep everyone there for
    an extra hour...it's messed up especially because you guys usually tip about
    4 dollars on a 200 dollar check
    Thanks,
    Chris
    PS: I'm not trying to be offensive but I had to let someone know about what's going on!

Lurker
    Lurker is offline eTI Iron

Re: Indian people and restaurants, what's up with that

yes..

yes
    this is the question

What is going on ?

but I am against tip.. listen .. yes u heard it right.. I am against tip.
    Servers are paid off by Restraunt owner and we pay owner and then why we pay servers again ?

pleasetipyourserver
    pleasetipyourserver is offline Just in!

Thank you for making my point!!!
    The restaurant DOES NOT pay the servers. The AVERAGE income paid to a server by a restaurant is $2.00/hour. NOW all cash tip are deducted from this income. Realistically servers do not get paid AT ALL by the restaurant.
    It's a different way of doing it, BUT if you live in America remember the reason the food is at the price you are paying is because the restaurant does not have to pay their servers.
    For example if the restaurant pays the server $8.00/hour your chicken is going to cost $20.00 instead of $12.00.
    Just wanted to get this message out there.
    Thank you for the reply my friend
    Again I am not trying to be offensive, forgive me if I am, but I feel very strongly about this

Lurker
    Lurker is offline eTI Iron

What really happened which made you to raise this issue ?

ashok_replies
    ashok_replies is offline eTI Iron

He is right Lurker. Dnt knw why some indians are against tips. When the restaurant is not paying anyting for Servers then its our duty to show the gratitude. After all we are going to pay them whatever possible if not the restaurant.

After all we got this life not just to make only our life happy but to also make someone else if possible.
    Am i right lurker?

Ineedbike Guest

I think this should imply only to big hotels or restaurants because for small one, customer is already going for cheap means he can't afford more than that so in this condition tip is not viable.

7. Advert.

+ Post a Comment HERE!