+ Post a Comment HERE!   + Ask a Question / Post a Topic

Rattenberg, the Town with no Sunlight

Advert.

ashrafa
    ashrafa is offline eTI Iron

Advert.

What is the importance of sunlight in our Life? Can you guess, what would happened to us and this world if there was no sunlight?.
    I don’t think one could ever imagine living without sun light but in our beautiful world, there are still places where sun shows up very rare and today we will take you to a small and beautiful town, which receives almost no sunlight in a specific period during winter season.
    Let us tell you in a bit detail.

Rattenberg Austria

Rattenberg, After found in 1393 AD, it was known as Upper Bavarian Town till 1504 AD.
    Nickname:
    Glass Town, because this town is famous for glass making and lots of crystal glass shops can be found here.
    A town with 110 square meters and about 400 inhabitants in Austria, near Rattenberg Mountain (also known as Rat Mountain) on the bank of Inn River(a river in Switzerland, Austria and Germany). It is the smallest town in Austria.
    Amazing facts about Rattenberg:
    The distance of Rattenberg is too much from Arctic Circle (one of the major five circles of latitude), and this circle has a time of permanent darkness.

• The town was built in Rattenberg Mountain’s Shadow to protect itself of bandits and raiders.

• The town is surrounded by many other regions in Alps (One of the greatest mountain range systems of Europe) because of which there is very less sunlight there.

So in 2005, The local companies decided to install about 15 large mirrors to reflect sunlight to the town in these specific dark days but this plan was later delayed due to unknown reasons.

Rattenberg is also famous for its glass making industry and lovely glass shops. A variety of crystal glass items attracts tourists and locals towards itself. Some other places of interest are Augustine Museum and a Handicraft Museum.

Aarish Rizvi
    Aarish Rizvi is offline eTI Bronze
    Are you sure, only 110 square meters or it is 110 square kilometers.
    I guess living there must be adventure all the time for its citizen as everyday they have to face challenges.. like when to goto bed

Or like.. is it Good Morning or Good night ?

ashrafa
    Aarish ji... I found this information on a website...It is 110 square meter only..

Wish to visit once and see how is the life over there.. thanks a lot for reading it..

Aarish Rizvi
    Aarish Rizvi is offline eTI Bronze
    Looks like its seriously small , its nothing but small colony with dense population. I don't why it is called town instead of a colony, may its in a remote area where people wants to live close enough for safety and other advantage.

ashrafa
    Hmmmmm may be aarish ji...

but whenever I read this article I wish to visit it once...

+ Post a Comment HERE!