+ Post a Comment HERE!   + Ask a Question / Post a Topic

Tyre Issue in My Honda City (2015) - Advice Needed

Advert.

Rohit Saraswat Guest

Question Tyre Issue in My Honda City (2015) - Advice Needed

Advert.
    I was making a left turn while driving my Honda City the other day, and the rear wheel hit the curb (it was abrupt edge of the curb with sharp edges ). It caused a dent in my tyre. I took it to a tyre shop, had them remove the tyre, inspect it, and make sure there was no debris inside, and had them put it back again. The tyre shop guys told me that it should be all right and shouldn't cause any issues, just advised me to drive carefully and make sure I don't hit that part of the tyre again.

Has anyone had anything similar happen to them? Is there anything else I need to be aware of? I am planning on driving to Chandigarh from Delhi later this month, and I want to make sure its safe (the tyre shop guys told me it shouldn't be an issue).

Unfortunately in Honda City (not sure in other models), the spare tyre is of different size and the manual advises to use it only for temporary purpose and not for regular use.

Any suggestions what can i do for this issue or i should drive with this tyre or not ?

abhishekdv38
    abhishekdv38 is offline eTI Iron
    If the dent is on the tyre wall (the weakest part of the tyre) I would recommend you changing the tyre for absolute peace of mind. Reduction in wall thickness is something that reduces the strength of the wall and also becomes a point of maximum hoop stress - thus increasing risk of a tyre blowout.

Hope you are satisfied.

sunnysmt
    sunnysmt is offline eTI Member
    You should not use this tyre with a cut on the side wall.

Sidewall strength plays an important role. My Innova crysta from the first lot was on 17" wheels which had poor side wall and is a known fact. It had a tyre burst and by the time i could realise what had happened everything was over.

My Good Luck that I could control the car which was moving at 80kms/hr on NH-2.

You should definitely get your tyre changed.

long44
    long44 is offline Just in!
    You should go to a service center to have a technician assist you

+ Post a Comment HERE!