+ Post a Comment HERE!   + Ask a Question / Post a Topic

How to convince parents of my Boyfriend . We both are working and settled.

Advert.

Ankita Gupta Guest

How to convince parents of my Boyfriend . We both are working and settled.

Advert.
    Hi,

I am into a relationship from past 6 years with a guy .He is Jain and i belong to Baniya family. both our parents know about our relation my parents are fine and are ok with this relation (though not very happy) but his parents are not at all accepting and forcing him to marry some one else.Following are the reasons that they give :
    1. Your horoscope says you will fight post marriage. You might not have kids.
    2. We have status in society and it will be ruined.

if you want to marry seperate from family and stay away.

But we dont want to marry against their wishes.So we are waiting from 2-3 years for them to agree but still they are adamant.

Regards,
    Ankita

Admin
    Admin is offline Administrator
    Topic Approved
    We find your question legit and genuine and it has been approved. If you have any more question or views to share then feel free to submit at eTI.

Note: In order to fight spam, we manually check every topic started and question asked on eTI. This to provide you clean, useful and spam free atmosphere at eTI community.

Pulkit
    Pulkit is offline eTI Aluminium
    Hello Ankita Gupta,

Welcome to the forum. I am really sorry to know all that is happening in your life and relationship. Moreover, I am sorry for what I am going to advice you now. As you told, its been 2-3 years since you both are trying to convince his parents for this relationship, I dont think so there is much we can do to it now. I believe, in a span of 2-3 years, you must have done your best to make things work out your way. I believe, you mustn't have left any stone unturned to convince his parents. But the way his parents are reacting to this relationship makes me believe that they are not going to co-operate with you. Moreover that they now know, you both are not going to leave them and marry gives them a strong point to hold their decision onto you.

Also, that they have given you the ultimatum that if you want to marry you can separate from the family and stay away, makes me firmly believe that they are not at all ready to compromise on this relationship with you. I understand the points on which they are forbidding the match are baseless but you need to understand its high time you should stop trying to convince his parents. If they have to agree, they would have had done it long before. But the way things are going right now makes me believe that they are not at all ready to understand your situation and agree to your word.

See Ankita, I understand the situation you are going through but all I can say right now is, the fight that you have fought so far, the efforts that you have put in are worth saluting. You need to understand, you are not just one single couple who face this problem of parents intervention, but there are many. Everyday, I come across many such couples on this forum with the same nature of problem and my advice to them is to try and try until you succeed. But your problem has a different angle now. In this 2-3 years you must have done everything to convince them but just because they are adamant on some baseless points and not agreeing to accept your relationship, gives a clear idea that things will not ease up in future either.

So, my advice to you would be to stop trying to convince them now as doing it further might create unnecessary problem with you both and might sour up relationships between both the parties. So, its time for you to part ways and move on. I know I sound very easy, but this is what I can honestly advice you right now. Try to understand, you tried your level best, you fell in love but perhaps he was not destined to be yours, hence you guys separated.

You know sometimes you can just look up at the sky, wipe your tears up and say.... "Hmm... its life !!!"
    All The Best !!!
    Take Care !!!

+ Post a Comment HERE!