+ Post a Comment HERE!   + Ask a Question / Post a Topic

B'wood babes on 'baring' it all !!

Advert.

Rock-On
    Rock-On is offline Newbie

B'wood babes on 'baring' it all !!

Advert.
    Here's what Priyanka, Minissha, Neha, Eesha think about shedding clothes :-[

There was no hullabaloo when Bipasha Basu flaunted her curves in Race or Priyanka Chopra slipped into bikinis in Dostana. And Aamir Khan and John Abraham didn't shy away from the dare-bare act either.

In Bollywood, skin show is in - and it's not causing a scandal.

Actress Minissha Lamba, who abandoned her plain Jane act with a white bikini in Kidnap, says skin show in Bollywood has now assumed a larger meaning than just its literal sense.

"I wouldn't call it skin show. For me, it means women exercising their right to be beautiful. We have fashion designers all over the world and now in India, who are catering to women mainly to make them look beautiful and feel beautiful. And now, clothes are a very important extension to that," said Minissha.

Agreed Neha Dhupia, "I think it's about the change in society. When I was 16 years old, I never dared to venture out wearing hot pants or any such clothes. But look at women today. Girls are dressing up in revealing clothes in clubs, while dining at a restaurant, while strolling on the streets.

"Even 40-year-old women are dressing the way they never did. I mean when my mother was 40, she could never think of wearing those clothes. Same goes for Bollywood."

Earlier female leads reflected the image of an ideal Indian woman and whenever actors like Nargis, Nutan, Vyjayanthimala and Sharmila Tagore tried to break the norm by wearing revealing clothes, they had to face flak.

But the screen image of actresses has undergone a tremendous change in the past decade - from top league actresses like Aishwarya Rai, Priyanka, Preity Zinta to sex icons Mallika Sherawat, Kangana Ranaut and Neha - all have flaunted skin with panache, without being reprimanded.

The change was more predominant in 2008.

The year started with Abaas Mustan's Race when Bipasha oozed oomph by dressing up in shorts and mini skirts teamed with tube tops and halters. She returned with a similar but sporty look in Ranbir Kapoor-starrer Bachna Ae Haseeno.

kammy
    kammy is offline eTI Copper

Re: B'wood babes on 'baring' it all !!

nice article.
    kamal

Rajesh Harish
    Rajesh Harish is offline eTI Member

Everything is getting modernised
    So things have to be made attractive

Nice article

workhard
    workhard is offline Newbie

It s ok, its a movie and if that is what is required of these actresses, so be it

akash2001
    akash2001 is offline Newbie

ha ha ha ha ah

+ Post a Comment HERE!
X
Have Question? Ask now free!