Laughter is the best medicine and Ben Stiller proved it once again while MTV decided to honour him with a special prize on the eve of MTV Movie Awards being held on 31st May’ 09, Sunday, at the Gibson Amphitheatre in Universal City, California.

Ben Stiller has been roped in to receive the MTV Generation Award which is the ceremony’s top honour. He has films like ‘Zoolander’ and ‘There’s Something About Mary’ under his belt.

“Ben Stiller has kept fans rolling with laughter since bursting onto the scene in Reality Bites,” said MTV.

Stiller starrer ‘Night At The Museum 2’ was released on Wednesday.

The MTV Generation Award acknowledges an actor, “who has captured the attention of the MTV audience throughout their career,” said the channel in a statement.
Actors like Adam Sandler, Mike Myers, Tom Cruise and Jim Carrey have already been honoured by this prestigious award.

Stiller was quoted as saying, “I am honoured to be getting the Generation Award. I was given my first show at MTV and also cancelled for the first time.”

This time around a new category is added to the Awards Section which would recognize a particularly hilarious and gruesome movie moment.

Stiller will be presented with the Generation Award by High School Musical Star Zac Efron.

Shia Labeouf, Sandra Bullock, Sienna Miller, Denzel Washington and Cameron Diaz are included alongside the other guest presenters.

Eminen’s performance from his new album Relapse and Kings Of Leon will be something to watch out for. Overall, it may be accepted as one of the very rare star-studded night.