+ Post a Comment HERE!   + Ask a Question / Post a Topic

My girlfriend hates my parents

Advert.

Confused25 Guest

Unhappy My girlfriend hates my parents

Advert.
    I am suffering from so much of issue, till now i feel like killing myself. I have a girlfriend, almost 7 years. She is from different religion than mine. We are so in love till we cant leave without each other.My parents are not agreeing for our marriage. Her parents agreed even though they are still a little hesitant. That is problem number 1. Now the second problem is that, my girlfriend hates my parents. At first she liked them. But later after they started to oppose our love and started to create problems, she hated them. Even till now, if I speak about them, she will get annoyed and fight with me. How I am I to join all of them. I want to make everyone happy but no1 wants to be happy or at least understand me? What can i do? I need to make my parents as well as my girlfriend together, which means all happy family. Please help me.

coznehaistoocommon
    coznehaistoocommon is offline Just in!
    I think its because of the rejection that she is facing from ur parents. Thats common.. Think of urself in place of her... I think you both should not talk about this issue for a while.. Try to make her feel that she is equally important for u. Later when u see she is over with it... Talk out the matter... Make her understand.. Its not only ur or her love.. Its about both of u... You both have to fight or compromise for it to make it a success.. Getting annoyed is not a solution, tell her that... But later, after sometime.. Goodluck :-)

Pulkit
    Pulkit is offline eTI Aluminium
    Hi Confused25,

Thanks for writing to us. Apologies, for a delayed response.

When it comes to inter-caste/inter-religion marriage and convincing parents, you need to understand, you can never achieve 100% happiness on both sides i.e your parents and the girl in question. Inter-caste/inter-religion marriage happens over a mutual agreement where both the sides agree to compromise and adjust to some points. Same is the situation in your case.

Right now, what you can handle good is your girlfriend. Ofcourse, your parent's disagreement to her has made her doubt on her abilities and her love. Her reaction to this is natural in every aspect. You cannot expect her to be polite in front of your parents while she is continuously disgraced by them. Moreover, its not that she hates them, its just her frustration towards the present situation. Realize, that her family is somewhat ready for the marriage. It's only your parents who are against the whole thing. This is perhaps the best time when you both should hit it hard.

Firstly, as coznehaistoocommon said above, talk to your girl on this. Make her comfortable and erase all her doubts. Tell her your parents don't disagree her, rather they disagree the inter-religion marriage concept on the whole. Show to her how important she is to you and explain her how desperately you want her beside you to fight back.

This is the time when you guys should show some unity and togetherness. Remember, you both are support to each other. If one falls, the other will automatically. To move forward with everything, you guys need to be together in a bond.

Moreover, try considering change of respective religion to other to sort out the issue. I know its easy to say than done, but that actually depends on how long can you guys stretch yourself in this relationship. Try considering this or else, keep convincing. I am sure, you guys will get through someday.

All The Best !!!
    Take Care !!!

+ Post a Comment HERE!