+ Post a Comment HERE!   + Ask a Question / Post a Topic

New passport without divorce decree and previously opened file.

Advert.

bobpat
    bobpat is offline Just in!

New passport without divorce decree and previously opened file.

Advert.
    I am married in month of January this year (2015) and i am holding a passport since 2005, my passport is expiring in May 2015. I have some technical complications getting the passport for my wife as below.

1. I was divorced in 2014 and i have a legal decree for the same
    2. My present wife was divorced in 2011 and she do not have legal decree of divorce.
    3. We have our marriage certificate issued this year.

She applied for the passport in Aug-2013 with status as divorced and attached the panchayat issued divorce certificate. so her passport application failed in document verification as passport office needs a valid divorce decree from court. the case is pending since then. Now we want to apply her new passport as we need to travel abroad in this year, however her previous passport file is still open. Also we cannot get her formal divorce decree now due to complications in divorce.
    Can you anyone suggest what is the safest way to apply her passport so that it do not get rejected or stuck in verification again.

Please note we have a legal marriage certificate now.

Aarish Rizvi
    Aarish Rizvi is offline eTI Bronze
    This is actually a complicated situation, either she had not applied with that divorcee status then could have applied for fresh with marriage certificate.

Now, best way is to write an application requesting closure for her passport in the PSK stating that you can't get proper divorce certificate for her due to complication in case. You may reply when you have full documents. Still you have to give proper reason, don't lie, may PSK guys can offer you solution. If you still have appointment left in her previous passport application then book appointment and visit with closure application.

You may also explain that you are now married and can submit marriage certificate. I am sure they may help.

+ Post a Comment HERE!