+ Post a Comment HERE!   + Ask a Question / Post a Topic

How can I increas the life of my car's engine ?

Advert.

Rohit Chandra
    Rohit Chandra is offline eTI Iron

How can I increas the life of my car's engine ?

Advert.
    Hello Guys ! I have a Honda city model of 2004. It's not giving me lot's of problems but sometimes there is a curious kind of voice come from it's engine. I show it to the mechanic and repaired that problem. But I don't have any plan to sell it and I want to increase the life of it's engine. So, I need some technical advice from which I can increase the life of my car's engine.

Ricky
    Ricky is offline eTI Silver
    2004.. its pretty old now and starting to take care from now may not enhance engines life significantly because the wear and tear must be done already. Anyways, there are few thumb rules to enhance life of your car..

1. As everybody knows, always get it serviced at right time, change engine at right interval.
    2. Never ignore any unusual signs or signal from car.. they might be pointing to bigger trouble, so better to fix them before they actually occur.
    3. Always drive your car with patience, no quick gear shift, no fast pickup, just enjoy the driving.
    4. On highways, maintain speed of 70s kmph as that give best mileage and cause minimal engine tear.. (though maintaining that speed is very hard.. you only realize that you are over limit when you check your meter which is already crossing 120kmph).
    5. Always keep eye on heat gauge, generally it gives the first sign that engine is not in good state.

There can be few more but I think these are justified.

riyachouhan
    riyachouhan is offline eTI Member
    hi, Rohit
    here is some tips to maintain your car...

Drive less: Especially, avoid short trips. Cold starts are hard on engines, your gas mileage, and the environment. Short trips can also significantly shorten the life of your muffler. Basically, you get condensation in the exhaust when you start a cold engine, and if you don't run the car for long enough to evaporate all of the condensation out of the system, excessive amounts of water can accumulate in your muffler, and rust a hole through it.

Check the fluids: You should check the level of your antifreeze, oil, transmission fluid, power steering fluid, and brake fluid, very regularly: like every time you buy gas. Even if your car doesn't leak fluids, it can develop a leak and quickly have a dangerously low level of something.

Change the oil regularly: This will improve your gas mileage and protect your engine. The recommended mileage between oil changes is 3,000 - 5,000 miles (or 5000 - 8000 kilometres) or every 3 to 6 months. Doing this could make it possible for your vehicle to attain 200,000 miles.

+ Post a Comment HERE!