+ Post a Comment HERE!   + Ask a Question / Post a Topic

Yeah, incredibly uncivilized indeed!

Advert.

eastwestmist
    eastwestmist is offline Just in!

Yeah, incredibly uncivilized indeed!

Advert.

In the Intensive Care Unit of "Care Nursing Home" (23 Lenin Sarani, Serampore, Hooghly, West Bengal, Pin 712 201) on Monday, 22nd January, 2007, (bed number E1), my mom died alone in the middle of the night, while the nurses and doctors just ignored her and were asleep. Next morning the nursing home authority gave the grieving family a dead body and a big bill of medications and treatments, which they never used on her. The health ministry (Govt of India) and the police just ignored this case of "homicide by negligence" and the case file has disappeared under thousands of cases until today!

1. She was walking, talking and capable until the very day before. She was even working until Saturday (20th January, 2007).
    2. The nursing home did not ring my family early at night or in the morning to inform that her condition got worse.
    3. There is no proof exactly when, how and why her condition got worse.
    4. There is no proof that they were present in the ICU all night.
    5. There is no proof that they made every effort they could to save my mother's life.
    6. ICU was seen as totally chaotic, full of noise and disturbances.
    7. All medical records of my mother's treatment have mysteriously disappeared or might have been destroyed by the Nursing Home authority. THAT MAKES IT A CASE OF HOMICIDE.

List of authorities I complained to (They never responded back!):

1. CID, West Bengal
    2. The Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI), Kolkata
    3. Directorate of Public Grievances, Cabinet Secretariat, New Delhi
    4. West Bengal Human Rights Commission
    5. National Commission for Women
    6. Minister, Health and Family Welfare Dept.
    7. Chief Secretary, West Bengal
    8. Channel Eight TV-channel
    9. Aajkaal Patrika.

Ricky
    Ricky is offline eTI Silver

Re: Yeah, incredibly uncivilized indeed!

Did you get any reply from the following ?

Did you file case against them ie. went to Police ?

someshb
    someshb is offline Newbie

I am very sorry for your loss and the pain you are going through but I would suggest you not to loose heart. I am not sure how you approached all these agencies regarding your complaint but do you have an FIR with you? If not, then you should try to get that. I don't know how difficult that will be but I think it is important. Also you can get treatment report from the hospital. If they don't give it to you. I would suggest you goto consumer court and discuss with them. Writing to these agencies might not be as effective as walking upto them and maybe start from smaller steps.
    Nothing can compensate for your loss but lets try to bring justice to the people responsible. If you do give us updates, maybe we, as a community, can do brainstrom and do it together.

Ricky
    Ricky is offline eTI Silver

There is not response from him.
    If this is the way he approached those institution then how come he is going to get justice..

+ Post a Comment HERE!
X
Have Question? Ask now free!