+ Post a Comment HERE!   + Ask a Question / Post a Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Opoose Anything - Every time , Everywhere

Advert.

Pluto
    Pluto is offline eTI Iron

Opoose Anything - Every time , Everywhere

Advert.
    That is the way India works, and it calls it democracy.

In 1984 when then PM Rajiv Ghandi tried to introduce minor computerization, the
    idea was opposed by many parties. Jobs will be lost people cried out.
    Strikes and satyagraha was held in front of nationalised banks when they prevented
    even a single PC from being brought inside the bank premises.
    Oppose - Years of a nation wasted and lost.

Then there was opposition to bottle drinks like Coca Cola being introduced.
    Opposition against fast food, power stations, airport modernization,
    computerization of the railways, trying to replace old world war 2 type
    telephone exchanges, rotary dial phones. They said all these telecom things
    can be designed and made in India. Swadeshi ego and spirit. More years lost.
    But nothing worthwhile was produced by these swadeshi wallas.
    Oppose - more years lost.

Then they opposed the privatization of aviation and airline industry.
    More court cases and strikes were put in to create delays and mess.
    The same with the telecoms sector which saw vested interests derail
    any move to remove the monopoly of the highly notorious dysfunctional
    Department of Telecoms - DOT.
    Oppose - More years lost.

Today, the opposers have still not learnt anything. They are opposing
    the SEZ - special economic zones plan. And many more.
    They oppose water sharing of the rivers , by other states, while fresh water flows
    into the sea from these rivers.

Now Chennai is going to have a desalination plant to produce fresh water
    from sea water by using imported energy to run the plant. More plants are being
    planned to produce fresh water from sea water.

Meanwhile way back in 1985, China set aide its dogmas and false pride.
    It became practical and carried out reforms that made it what it is today.

While the Indian babus, netas and businessmen went about playing games with
    each other at the expense of the country.

That is right. Oppose everything and anything. That is Indian democracy at work.
    It is not democracy, but tyranny of the minority on the majority.

Ricky
    Ricky is offline eTI Silver

Re: Opoose Anything - Every time , Everywhere

Again what you brought in notice is right but we must also understand that India really need a right policy otherwise all foreign currency is going to drain out as profit to those MNC which takes it away from India to their homeland.
    They invest in India .. good for India but ultimately later on, they makes huge profits from Indai.. where it goes.. back to their home, means we loosing in all case.

MiE
    MiE is offline Newbie

I can understand the frustration when it appears that all our attempts to reform our system, to introduce new technologies or to frame new policies for the betterment of India are vehemently opposed by various sections on this or that pretext. But I think, instead of taking such a pessimist view of our system, we have to look at it in a broad perspective. Opposition is what makes a democracy vibrant and real.

No matter how delayed the introduction of a new technology or policy get, owing to such opposition, at least one thing is sure: that this policy will be scrutinized with all angles. It will be tested and thought upon by various intellectual. It's effect on every strata of society will be evaluated. And it's only after doing this (and after making necessary amendments in the policy) we’ll introduce that technology/policy in our system. This process is long and often it makes us frustrated, however, it ensures the maximum common good for all involved.

India is a vibrant laboratory of Democracy. Everybody is free to express his thoughts here, to criticize anybody, to make his opinion count. These are few things which makes India such a loving country. There must be a safety valve, a sort of buffer which prevents the Government from taking unilateral decision. It helps in cooling the passion and seeing the problem from a more neutral angle.

If you closely observed these example which you have quoted, you will find that in many cases the opposition was valid and was not without logics.

I know every true Indian love his country to grow as fast as it can. I also agree fully with those who feel frustrated when things do not go the right way. However, in the ultimate analysis, we have to look at this from the point of view of the most depressed, poor and ignorant brother and sisters of us, who have no voice at all. No matter how slow we appears in the eyes of world, we can't take the interest of these people for granted.

India can never become a Tiger or a Dragon. Since the time immemorial it's been compared to an Elephant. In the Buddhist folklore, an elephant is the most wise animal.

I salute Indian democracy. No matter how tough the situation appears today, I would still prefer a democratic India than a communist China despite it’s being so slow, corrupt and frustrating.

ashok_replies
    ashok_replies is offline eTI Iron

I object MiE . You have said these "India is a vibrant laboratory of Democracy. Everybody is free to express his thoughts here, to criticize anybody, to make his opinion count"

Do you knw someting? Recently the tamil magazine office was burnt in TN and 2 people were killed inside the office. Just becas they expressed their views.

According to you, Your democratic country took a different decision. You knw wat? The police were just watching the gangsters breaking the office and burning the office. India is the only country where we have police to just watch gansters killing people.. Shame on this event. I thought the people who did this will be arrested. Instead they are still enjoying the scene even today and there is no law to arrest them.

Next: Recently a lady write TASLIMA wrote a book and published in hyderabad. I think you must know wat happened to her ...

COme on man. You cant say this as a democratic country... Open your eyes man.

See the country... You have no rights.. In india, women are raped in police station... I think you knw this matter too..

THis is wat your democracy is ?????????????????????

Ricky

Reality & the Theory !

When we try to put together both of these then we have to look upon a new face.

According to me, its good to have Democracy but now its clearly visible that it is being misused a lot, we need reforms & ammendments to find the way to make it healthy yet preserving everyone's interest.

Mr. APJ Kalam (former President of India) dared to talk about this and said that now we need two party system but no one gave ear to him.

MiE
    MiE is offline Newbie

Ashok, I know such incidents make us sad. It's a matter of shame when a writer is threatened openly in a Press Conference by the elected representative of people. There has been a danger nexus of politicians with criminals which is perpetrating such acts of violence (like the one you mentioned about that Tamil Magazine). I know it hurts and makes us rethink about our democratic system,. However, I must add that it's not the system (democracy) which is at fault - it's the people of this nation who are hell bent misusing this system. We have become a soft state in all things. We never punish quickly, we never give a strong message to wrong- doers and we never dealt with corrupts with a strong hand. The results: nobody take the law & order seriously. It’s the misuse of democracy - not a presence of it which is resulting in such things.

However, I still feel if we want to reform this system we need to start from ourselves. We need to raise consciousness. We need to express our opinions firmly. And in my opinion a democratic platform is most suitable for doing this.

7. Advert.

ashok_replies
    ashok_replies is offline eTI Iron

I read my newspaper today ( on the independence day ) that the magazine OUTLOOK was attacked in mumbai.

Expecting freedom in india has become virtually impossible.

I hate to live here.

ruvi_143
    ruvi_143 is offline Newbie

Describing yesterday`s attack on Outlook magazine`s office in Mumbai by a group of Shiv Sena activists as a "crude" attempt to muzzle journalists, the freedom of the press was still under threat 60 years after the country`s independence.

BUT......I WUD JUS LIKE TO ASK U 1 Q. WHAT EXACTLY DU U THINK WUD BE THE PATH TOWARDS A RELATIVELY PURE POLITICAL SYSTEM.....I WANNA KNOW UR MEASURES N REFORMS U CUD EXECUTE ..IF DERE WERE 20 PEOPLE TO SUPPORT U N D SAME IDEOLOGY N PERSPECTIVE THAT U CARRY........FROM THE INITIAL POSITION OF UR LIFE....WAT CAN U DU........NO MORE IMAGINARY CONCEPTS.....IF DERE R A FEW......MAKE DEM MORE REALISITC.......SUGGEST D MEASURES........

INDIRECT COMMUNICATION VIA D NET N FORUMS WUD DEFINITELY HELP BUT IS IT THE CORE CONCEPT OR THE MOST STABLE PATH U CAN FOLLOW.....IT CAN BE USED AS A MEASURE..BUT U CANT RELY ON IT.......LETS MEET UP...N DISCUSS DIS ISSUE......MORE INCLINED TOWARDS D WELFARE OF THE RURAL N D WEAKER SECTIONS OF THE SOCIETY AND TO HELP OURSELVES....IF INCASE VE SUCCEED IN OUR MARCH TO D POLITICAL INFRASTRUCTURE OF THE COUNTRY...WE NEED TO STUDY POLITICS N HISTORY TO HELP US IMBIBE POLITICS N DRIVE IT IN2 OUR BLOOD.......

WEVE GOTTO MAKE IT HAPPEN..............IM DEEPLY PATRONIZED BY THE POSTS OF ASOK, MIE N RICKY........ESPECIALLY ASHOK FOR INITIATING THE FORUM N MIE FOR SHOWING US THE REALITY STEPS TOWARDS ACHIEVING THE GOAL WHICH IS F#####G HOLLOW

Ricky

Ruvi, I understand, infact we all now are frustrated somehow , somewhere because of the system.
    I too had bad experiences myself. Its just that I get filled of anger when I think about few such incident happened to me.

Ruvi, I suggest you to be calm, lets first discuss, have a group of few hunderd people supporting the cause having true nation.

We can really do one by one... ie. working upon stuff one by one.. Can be a organization suggesting reforms or can set examples to other.

ruvi_143
    ruvi_143 is offline Newbie

im a bit eager to hear bout ur experiences........................don mind.........

well...........dere aint ppl to discuss key issues which requires key issues to be discussed................woh maza nahin aa raha jo aana chahiye.........bahut mandihai yaha pe............i suggest a better blog for thisn such issues- youth for equality.....

im noways promoting it...........excuse me 4 dat.

Ricky

Ruvi.. this place is relatively new so it is quite obvious what you felt.
    Again there is not much so called.. entertaining stuff here apart of serious talk..so this will take little time to gather people.
    You may have seen illegal / warez sites growing at speed of light.. well.. same is not possible in such forum as we have here.

Pluto

"" India is a vibrant laboratory of Democracy. Everybody is free to express his thoughts here, to criticize anybody, to make his opinion count. These are few things which makes India such a loving country. There must be a safety valve, a sort of buffer which prevents the Government from taking unilateral decision. It helps in cooling the passion and seeing the problem from a more neutral angle. ""

=======

I have heard such adulations about Indian democracy since I was a kid. But they are empty praises that are totally obonoxious even to hear.

Why.?

Because Indian democracy is criminalised by people who have taken on politics as a lucrative career. They have no concept or knowledge about democracy or any dedication o serve the country. They are in for the money.

They oppose anything so that they miss no chance to make gains from some quarters or other in exchange to drop their opposition. They will oppose any reform based on enviournemnet, safety or some other lame excuse just to get that advantage of bargaining to silence their opposition.

Almost all political parties in India, there are thousands, have goodas and thugs , who they keep as reserve units to intimidate and attack in case these parties are ignored of their demands.

Indian democracy stinks.

Pluto

"Democracy means simply the bludgeoning of the people, by the people, for the people."
    - Oscar Wilde

Ricky

so .. what you say?
    Go against democracy ?

Pluto

what I am trying to say is that "democracy" in India is a term used by politicians and criminals for their own convenience. either they have no idea how a democracy works or simply not interested in its interpretation.

+ Post a Comment HERE!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast