26/11 a tragedy

Attack on countries is most common phenomenon that one is facing in many countries of the world. Be it America, India, Afghanistan, or Iraq . many movies regarding this subject is also been made and it shoes very clearly that only with help from inside, these terrorists from outside were able to cause such havoc and flow the blood of innocent people. Now whether the attack is due to internal issues or external factor, the people who suffer are the ones who have done nothing, know nothing and have no say in any of the matters of this kind. How will the government be able to help, if the internal ministers and officials themselves are involved? No way can so much ammunition be taken in the hotels without passing by the security’s attention. Are we safe? Not at all, how can one be? Look at Raj Thakrey, their way of thinking itself is bringing us to boiling point and there are people especially the youth that is following him, when we can’t stop the internal battles, how will we fight the War from outsiders? Some men come, kill so many people and one of them survives, one year has gone by and what has happened to Kasab? Still only a case is being fought and no decision is being taken. I was going through a blog and happened to come upon the blog of ‘Neha Kripal’ she has written a letter to kasab, which I am pasting below, it is enough to bring even a tough hearted person to tears,

Dear Kasab,

I hope that through this letter I can change your mind, even if only just a little.

As you sit in a jail, constantly living with your guilt of causing clearly one of the biggest tragedies that this nation has ever witnessed, I wonder if you feel a sense of remorse for the wrong that you have done.

Has the ‘victory’ made you larger in your own eyes, than you were before the attacks? Or would you much rather die, sacrifice yourself in the name of ‘jehad’? Is this how you planned to see the end?

Let me go back to the actual attacks. Before carrying them out, were you afraid if it would work? Or were you scared that you might not be able to deliver? Were you at all afraid to die? When you shot that bullet between the eyes of a 3-year-old, somewhere within you, did something not die? Did you not, at least cry??

And when the attack was declared ‘successful’, did you feel a certain sense of pride for your cause, while you stood there laughing at a nation weeping tears that haven’t still dried?

And today, how do you feel? What are your thoughts on this first anniversary of the completion of your ‘mission’? Are you yet not tired of all the glances of hate & disdain that you get from everyone around you? Don’t you feel even just a little sense of shame, of sorrow for the hurt that you have caused to so many innocent people?

Or are you simply numb? Are you plain oblivious to what the world thinks of you, because you had absolutely no sense of reason in what you did? While taking all those lives, were there any thoughts at all in your head – before, after or now? Or do you just not care??

Sometimes do you think it would have been different if life had treated you better? Do you sometimes wish you had never been brainwashed into believing that this was the only possible way for you to attain freedom? What if you had just continued studying, got a good job, gotten married and lived happily with your family? Do you ever think that that could have been your truth? And would that not have, perhaps, made you a happier person than the one you are today?

I hope this letter is making you think…about everything that you have done…that which can never be undone…Did you ever think it would be this big? Or did you always envision for it to turn out this way? Did you use this as your ‘claim to fame’ and does it now fill you with a sense of achievement? Are you happy being alive? Or would you much rather die?

Neha Kripal.

Well what Neha has written is enough to shake us, but not terrorist like them, they come to plunder and go away leaving the nation to mourn. Why should it make any difference to them anyway? But it should to us, it should to people who have for some monetary gains allowed people like Kasab to enter our country and kill our people. So here the change has to come from within, for only if we stay united, if we have love and affection for one another, can we truly say that such an incident will not happen again. Until then everyone is vulnerable.

Regards,
Farida H B