+ Post a Comment HERE!   + Ask a Question / Post a Topic

Need some opinions please

Advert.

Serenade
    Serenade is offline Just in!

Need some opinions please

Advert.
    I wasn't too sure where to post this but I trust I will get some good insight here

I am an American (of European descent) and I just recently married an Indian man in Mumbai. We had a fairly traditional Hindu wedding. I'm back in the states now filing for his visa to come live with me. Daily I wear red bindi, kumkum/sindoor, bangles and of course mangalsutra since our marriage. My parents are 100% fine with it but some people have displayed their frustrations with it. Their negativity has me now wondering, is it okay for me to wear these things? In your eyes would it be weird or bad to see a woman like me wearing these?

nupur.
    nupur. is offline eTI Copper

Re: Need some opinions please

These Bindi , Sindoor and Mangal sutra is called Suhag Ki Nishaani (Marriage Symbol In Hindu tradition). If you wish you can if you are not comfortable then that is your wish. You can wear you engagement ring instead of these traditional things..

Now the tradition changing a bit, In your culture is not looking nice you can avoid it as Love and understanding only make the relationship strong. Not others.. Just have a talk with your hubby make him understand about it... Hope he will agree for this.

Or.... let people to talk of it and after some time they stop bothering about it.

bansal83
    bansal83 is offline Just in!

r u satisfied with ur husband

1stander
    1stander is offline Newbie

Be an American.
    Give your husband your love and affection.
    Don't bother about other things.

Ricky
    Ricky is offline eTI Silver

Wearing such tradition things are ok but I guess you are overdoing it. I guess you should observe normal Indian woman and take idea from them how they manage tradition as well as fit in society.
    And don't take Bollywood movies as example.

ljyrhapsody
    ljyrhapsody is offline Newbie

It's OK, just do what you like, enjoy your own life and don't care too much about others.

7. Advert.

naturelover_15
    naturelover_15 is offline Newbie

hi. its not wierd or bad. dese r a part of our culture.if u dnt want to do all dis...ask ur hubby. he wld help u.hope u r happy wid ur hubby. dnt bother dese things.just love ur hubby a lot.dese things r secondary.dnt care about ppl.do what u want to.ok.just smile in front of them and walk away.who cares abt ppl....right ???? best of luck. god bless you.

+ Post a Comment HERE!
X
Have Question? Ask now free!