Well i am here to write ma experience of 4 years in mangalore. What i think and what i discovered about this city situated on the shores of beautiful arabian sea. Actually i was there in NIT surathkal popularly known as KREC over the years. Coming on to specialaties of this city..
1) City centre the heart of the city. The greatest mall i have ever seen. Nice hangouts.
2) Empire mall is not kind of a mall that you would prefer for shopping and all but ya i used to go there just 4 the wonderful in-budget several kind of parathas that they offer on the top floor. Also they do have some other cusines if at all you are not interested in parathas. But i guess almost everybody is interested in those parathas.
3) Cherry sqaure- Well this i am not naming for its good food that they serve but instead go over there have there nice food and then in the deserts just order SOME LIKE IT HOT. I am damn sure you will like it as everybody does.
4) Go to malpe beach if u really want to have fun an the beaches of Mangalore.
5) And if u are planning to try a real north kind of dhaba and willing to go on along drive. Then there is a dhaba called BITTU DA DHABA in mulky.
So thats all that has flashed back on my mind right now. And if you a student preparing for engg. then you can obviously opt for NITK. The college is one of the top ranked colleges of india. And i say its good too. Just in my opinion you should research for particular branch over there before opting for that. On this note i end this article, have fun guys.