+ Post a Comment HERE!   + Ask a Question / Post a Topic

Father forcing me to get married boy of his choice or he will commit suicide

Advert.

Parulpatel
    Parulpatel is offline Just in!

Father forcing me to get married boy of his choice or he will commit suicide

Advert.
    I am a 24yr old(working) and I am in a relationship wth a boy since 7years. His family approached my parents to talk about our marriage but parents denied to it giving reasons like he is from different caste, not as much educated as me (I had done my mphil while he is graduate because he started earning for his family), my relatives also started collecting loop holes to deny our marriage. When I tried convincing them my parents started threatening me, they denied to listen anything( there is alot more I m going through). Now they are forcing me to marry someone else. I just cant live without my love. He had decided to never get married to anyone else (even he tried to kill himself). I really dont want to marry anyone except my guy. My father threatened me that he will commit suicide if I will nt agree to get married to the boy of his choice. I m so much tensed right now dat I cant concentrate on my job anymore.

Admin
    Admin is offline Administrator
    Hello,

Welcome to eTI forum.

Your question has been approved, however we request you to never use real identity to ask such question. If you wish we can change your username for privacy concern.
    You may want to read:

Thought of the Moment:
    A community is all about helping each other.

drsky
    drsky is offline eTI Iron
    Hello,
    This is a very tough situation, since your dad trying to emotionally blackmail you with an ultimatum, against his life in question.
    See if you can make any sense in to him, talk to your mother also. If you can get any relatives or family friends support it will be good, so they talk to him.
    If you are not able to get any family members, try to get a counsellor or a psychiatrist to offer some counselling.
    An outside professional who can offer a perspective on this may shed some light into his stubborn way of thinking.
    Get a marriage advisor / social activist / spiritual or religious preacher to nicely talk to him.

In all this, you have to be on careful guard, to see how your fathers emotions are, and asess if he would actually do what he threatens to do. This is a sensitive issue.
    ==========================================
    Pray to God for your fathers sanity.
    Pray to God daily and help couples and singles seeking love and marriage as much as possible so that positive karma can change your destiny.

http://etalkindia.com/talk/showthrea...methods-dr-sky

wish you the best,
    Dr.Sky

+ Post a Comment HERE!