+ Post a Comment HERE!   + Ask a Question / Post a Topic

Passport application has been submitted along with applicable fees and supporting doc

Advert.

atulve Guest

Passport application has been submitted along with applicable fees and supporting doc

Advert.
    Dear sir

I had applied for my new passport under Normal scheme. The passport status was showing Application has been collected at the camp for 1 month and but one day then I received mail saying Police verification initiated. Then in 10 days, police verification was done. After that now my application status is showing

Passport application has been submitted along with applicable fees and supporting documents.
    And is showing this more than 2 and half month, so now it is about 4 months and still my passport is saying it is submitted. What does it mean, what is next step required. I searched their website, their question and answers, but can not find any proper answer. Searching online is also not helpful, for this particular situation, on some sites people are saying that they are have this status before Police Verification but in my case PV is already completed. If there were to be any issue with Police Verification then I think I would received message Police Verification Failed.

So what is happening here ?

Aarish Rizvi
    Aarish Rizvi is offline eTI Bronze
    Definitely there is no way to know what is happening here. I think your first step should be calling their customer care number and ask them for status. Although they are not helpful but I think it will not harm to check with them first. Customer care number for PSK is:

1800-258-1800

atulve
    atulve is offline Just in!
    My status finally changed and passport is granted. Now I am waiting for the passport to get delivered. For anyone facing similar situation, you need to personally go to them and ask for update. In my case, it was just lying there. When I personally informed visited and ask them reason, they said its under processing but next day status changed. My observation is that sometimes you are just unlucky that your application goes into some waitlist without any reason and then only way to get it processed is to ask them personally. I had also indirectly warned them to lodge named complaint to higher authority because it is clear case of irresponsibility from their side. Hoping now that it gets delivered in time.

+ Post a Comment HERE!